Galleries & exhibitions
Discover 500 years of Britain's encounter with the world at sea. Explore our vast collection and enjoy free wifi in the comfort of the Compass Lounge. Hear the personal stories of our island nation in the new Voyagers gallery. See the uniform Nelson was wearing when he was fatally shot at the Battle of Trafalgar, steer a ship into port and fire a cannon in our Maritime galleries.
- Throw yourself into Turner’s dramatic depictions of sunsets, storms and shipwrecks, which have become some of Britain’s best-loved paintings.
- The Great Map brings the Museum’s largest open space to life with a huge interactive world map.
- An exhibition of marking the 70th anniversary of the first Allied Arctic convoys to Russia.
- The Children's Gallery and The Ship Simulator are exciting galleries for younger visitors and their families to explore.
- Traders is a new permanent gallery exploring Britain’s maritime trade with Asia, focusing on the role played by the East India Company.
- Voyagers is a new dynamic and inventive permanent gallery at the heart of the Sammy Ofer Wing.
- Take time to explore our vast collection and enjoy free wifi in the comfort of the Compass Lounge.
- A new gallery exploring the interrelationship and exchanges between Britain, Africa and the Americas, 1600-1850.
- A brief history of world exploration from Columbus to today.
- London has been at the hub of British commerce and industry for nearly 2000 years. The gallery now also features Nelson's Trafalgar uniform.
- Ship models played an important role in the shipbuilding advances which helped the Royal Navy emerge as the world's leading naval force.
- Find out how our everyday lives depend and impact on the health and survival of the world's oceans.