Tell us what you think happened to Franklin and his crew, or tell us about your visit to the exhibition for a chance to win Royal Museums Greenwich Membership.
Death in the ice: the shocking story of Franklin's final expedition aims to uncover some of the mystery that shrouds the death of Sir John Franklin and the 128 men who went with him on that fatal voyage to search for the infamous North-West Passage.
While we know that all crewmen died, and we can piece together what might have caused their death, mystery still surrounds much of the story and the fatal decisions that were made.
What do you think happened to Franklin and his crew? Tell us, or share your experience of your visit to the exhibition on Twitter using #DeathInTheIce. All entries will be entered into a draw and the winner will recieve a year's membership to Royal Museums Greenwich. Please see full terms and conditions below.
Terms and conditions
- This promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request.
- To enter the competition participants must post an original tweet on twitter.com including the hashtag #DeathInTheIce. Participants must 'follow' @NMMGreenwich on Twitter.
- Tweets must comply by Twitter content rules, must not be abusive, deemed as spam or infringe copyright.
- The promotion is open on 14 July 2017 and closes on 3 September 2017 at 11.59pm (GMT) (the Promotional Period).
- The prize is a one year Membership to Royal Museums Greenwich.
- The prize does not include anything other than that specifically mentioned above and there is no cash alternative.
- Internet access required. Entrants must have a registered Twitter or Instagram account to enter. No purchase necessary.
- No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
- Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- A member of RMG staff will randomly select one competition winner from the qualifying entries at the close of the Promotion Period. The decision of the judge is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be contacted through the platform by which the competition was entered (Twitter), via Direct Message, by 12 Septmeber 2017 with details of the Prize. If the winner does not respond within 7 days then an alternate winner will be selected. Please note that in order for RMG staff to conact the winner via Direct Message, the winner must have 'followed' RMG on the platform. Please see item number 2 above.
- The Promoter reserves the right to feature the name, image and location of the prize winner in any future marketing materials, website publications, promotions and/or prize draws.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. You are providing information to the Promoter and not to Twitter.
- By entering the promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
Promoter: Royal Museums Greenwich, National Maritime Museum, Greenwich, London SE10 9NF (Please do not send entries to this address).