Please note: regular opening times are listed on this page. Occasional unavoidable closures to parts of the site for maintenance and events are posted on latest visitor information.
|Location||Opening times||Last admission|
|National Maritime Museum (including Sammy Ofer Wing)||Monday–Sunday
(see Thursday below)
|Thursday late closing *||10.00–20.00||19.30|
(Sammy Ofer Wing)
|Monday–Sunday *||10.00–17.00 *||16.30|
|16 Seconds West Brasserie||Lunch (daily)||12.00–15.00||14.30|
|Afternoon tea (daily – bookings only)||15.00–17.30||17.00|
|Dinner (Wednesday–Saturday)||18.00–23.00||Last table booking 21.00|
|Caird Library||Monday–Wednesday, Friday
(closed bank holidays)
* Thursday late closing: The Sammy Ofer Wing and ground floor galleries of the National Maritime Museum stay open late till 20.00 on Thursdays. This includes the Shop, the Museum Café and outside terrace area, the Special Exhibitions gallery, Voyagers gallery and Compass Lounge, the Neptune Court 'streets' and the Explorers and Maritime London galleries.
Visions of the Universe Late (Thurs 13 June, 18.00–21.00): due to this event, advance booking is necessary for evening entry to the Museum on this date.
|Location||Members||Adults (16+)||Children (age 5–15)||Concessions
(2 adults, up to 2 children)
up to 2 children)
Cutty Sark + Royal Observatory admission + Visions of the Universe
(£16.00 without Voluntary donation)
(£9.00 without Voluntary donation)
(£13 without Voluntary donation)
(£40.00 without Voluntary donation)
(£23.50 without Voluntary donation)
(see also Joint Ticket above)
- Buy your ticket
|Visions of the Universe
(7 June–15 Sept)
- Buy your ticket
(£7.25 without Voluntary donation)
(£2.25 without Voluntary donation)
(£6.35 without Voluntary donation)
(£15.90 without Voluntary donation)
(£8.60 without Voluntary donation)
|National Maritime Museum **||FREE||Free||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|Queen's House **||FREE||Free||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|Royal Observatory - Astronomy Centre **||FREE||Free||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|Royal Observatory - Flamsteed House and Meridian Courtyard
- Buy your ticket
See also Big ticket above and Astro ticket below
|£7 (£6.35 without Voluntary donation)
£2 (£1.80 without Voluntary donation)
|£5 (£4.50 without voluntary donation)Trade voucher scheme applies ***||£15 (£13.60 without voluntary donation)||£8 (£7.25 without Voluntary donation)|
|Peter Harrison Planetarium
See also Astro ticket below
|Astro ticket: Royal Observatory admission + planetarium show||FREE||£11.50
* A Big Ticket is valid for 30 days for a single entry to Cutty Sark, the Royal Observatory (Flamsteed House and Meridian Courtyard) and Visions of the Universe at the National Maritime Museum.
** Admission charges apply to some special exhibitions and events. Read our conditions.
*** Travel trade groups are required to register for to receive special group rates, trade vouchers and benefits. To register please fill in and return the application form (PDF). Find out more about group visits. Sign up to our newsletter for quarterly updates on travel trade news.
Where there is a charge, concessions apply to the following categories:
- Seniors 60+
- Students 16+
- Unemployed (ES40 holders)
- Visitors with disabilities
- Companions of visitors with disabilities
- Tour Guides if not part of a booked group (Blue Badge, Tour guides, Greenwich Guides, Clerkenwell Guides)
- Greenwich Card holders
- Historic Houses Association
- Members of related organizations (e.g. maritime and naval museums)
Planetarium show times
Please note: the Planetarium will be closed all day on 2 July for essential maintenance.
Weekends, school and public holidays
Half-term holiday: 25 May–2 June
Summer holiday: 25 July–2 September
|11.00||Space Safari||20 mins||14.45||We Are Aliens!||25 mins|
|11.45||We Are Aliens!||25 mins||15.30||Sky Tonight Live||25 mins|
|12.30||Sky Tonight Live||25 mins||16.15||We Are Aliens!||25 mins|
|13.15||We Are Aliens!||25 mins||17.00||The Universe Exposed||25 mins|
|14.00||Sky Tonight Live||25 mins|
|Mondays, Wednesdays||Meet the Neighbours|
|Thursdays, Fridays||Solar System, Galaxy, Universe|
|14.45||Monday–Friday||We Are Aliens!|
|15.30||Monday–Friday||Sky Tonight Live|
|16.15||Monday–Friday||We Are Aliens!|
Ages: All shows recommended for ages 5+ (under-5s will be admitted).
Space Safari is a special show for ages 7 and under.
- All three sites are closed 24–26 December
- All three sites close early on 31 December and open late (12.00) on 1 January and on the occasion of the London Marathon each year (Sunday 22 April 2012, opening 12.00).
- One or more sites may also occasionally be closed temporarily for filming or maintenance work
- Details of all closures are posted on our Latest visitor information page.
Visiting the Library
|Opening times||Last admission|
Please note: the Library is closed on bank holidays.
The Caird Library provides public access to the unparalleled paper-based collections of Royal Museums Greenwich. Together, the archive and library collections are the most comprehensive maritime resource in the world, holding over two million items dating from the 15th century to the present, including manuscripts, modern and rare books, journals, prints and drawings, charts and maps, and ephemera.
This specialist reference library is a rich research resource for all. Entry is via a free Reader’s Ticket which can be applied for online in advance of your first visit, or on the day. To register and to request items to view in the Library, please see Aeon and guidance on using Aeon.
To help plan your visit to the Caird Library, our online catalogues can help you identify resources that you may wish to view. See the Library catalogue, the Archives catalogue and Collections Online. A guide to your first visit to the new Caird Library is available. See also the Caird Library service statement.
Please note that although we hold lots of collections, maritime history research can be time-consuming so please allow plenty of time for your visit.