Each Sunday come and explore the Museum's collection through hands on creative activities.
Each week a different artist will take your family on a journey into the Museum's collection. Discover objects that introduce you to the different people, histories and cultures that are part of the National Maritime Museum. Participate in different creative activities inspired by these objects before heading into the galleries to see what else you discover.
Black History Month
Discover Sundays in October will be led by guest artists Natalie Cooper and Ese Akpojotor with activities looking at Black histories and futures.
4 October: Ese
11 October: Natalie
18 October: Ese
25 October: Natalie
- These sessions are free but are currently ticketed.
- Please prebook your ticket online or over the phone.
- You will also need to book a free ticket to the National Maritime Museum, for half an hour before your Discover Sundays session.
- Accessible for children or adult carers who are blind or partially sighted.
- Suitable for all ages and abilities.
- There is level access to the Learning Space.
- The Learning Space has one set of automatic double doors.
- Both individual seats (with or without arms) and benches are available in the Learning Space upon request.
How are we following social distancing measures?
- Capacity is limited for these sessions to ensure social distancing can be maintained throughout
- Resources will not be shared between family units
- Resources and furniture will be cleaned before and after sessions
- Families will be encouraged to wash their hands when they enter the room
- No soft toys or fabric will be used at this time
- We ask that all buggies are left in the Buggy Park by the Learning Space, except where babies are sleeping.
- Find out how Royal Museums Greenwich are keeping visitors safe