Join us for a free day of fun to celebrate lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender history month. Enjoy family friendly performances from our cross-dressing pirate, make fans with our friends from the Fan Museum and hear Olly Pike read some of his fantastic children’s stories.
The Museum will come alive with colour as we celebrate LGBT History Month at the National Maritime Museum. Kids and big kids are invited to take part in a whole host of activities all about celebrating identity and difference.
- Olly Pike, a Youtube and CBBC sensation, will be reading some of his own take on classic fairytale stories!
- The Great Map will be awash with colour, make your own tile, cover the entire world and take part in a massive interactive timelapse!
- Our cross-dressing pirate will be aboard ship to tell you tales to chill your blood and turn your ideas of what boys and girls should do upside down!
- We are thrilled to have the Fan Museum coming round to introduce you to the secretive world of mask fans. Make your own and learn more about secrets, lies and forbidden romance!
- The Gay Men’s Chorus are back for another two spectacular performances. Catch them at the beginning of the day!