As London hubs for LGBT History Month we are proud to host our second OUTing the Past evening of speakers talking about LGBTQ+ lives, histories and experiences.
This year join us to hear from four incredible speakers who will be focusing on LGBTQ+ experiences around the world.
- Curator Claire Warrior will be introducing the evening with a talk about gender and our collection at the National Maritime Museum.
- Cheryl Morgan has been researching the history behind the Amazons. Was there more to these all female warriors than meets the eye?
- Caroline Paige will be talking about her own experiences as a transgender member of the British airforce and the situation of transgender rights in the armed forces globally.
- Paul Dillane is passionate about the treatment of LGBTQ+ refugees and the impact our foreign and social policies have on asylum seekers.
- Max Carocci will be presenting ‘Objects that Talk: Native American Art and (Trans)Gender Roles’ exploring transgender life and visual culture in North American cultures from the past to the present day.
LGBT History Month
This event is part of our LGBT History Month programme at Royal Museums Greenwich, celebrating LGBT history past and present with a packed season of events, talks, programmes and workshops suitable for all visitors.