You’re invited to watch the wedding of the year in the beautiful surroundings of a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Join us on the lawns of the National Maritime Museum and see Harry and Meghan tie the knot on our giant screen. Delicious food, snacks and drinks will be available to purchase. Royal fancy dress optional, but encouraged.
- What time do the gates open for us to find a place to watch?
The Gates will be open at 09:30 but please note toilet access will not be until 10:00am when the main Museum opens
- Where will the screen be and how big is it?
North West Lawn near the Stanhope entrance. The Screen is 21m² or 6.4m x 3.2m
- What time is the coverage?
10:00-15:00. BBC1 coverage of the Royal Wedding
- Are we able to bring our own food and drink?
You are welcome to bring your own food and drink but please drink in moderation. There will be a limited food and drink offer onsite. Please do remember to take any rubbish with you. Please do not bring BBQs or cooking devices.
- Can we bring in our own folding chairs or will seats be provided?
Do bring your own folding chairs/Blankets as no seating will be provided.
- Do we come to the main entrance or is there a separate entrance for this event?
The Museum’s grounds can be accessed from all gates. The nearest gate to the viewing is on Romney Road.
- Can we bring dogs?
No dogs allowed on the grounds (unless assist dogs such as Guide Dogs) – Official RMG Policy
- Will there be sound accompanying the screening?
Yes there will be sound.
- Will there be toilets nearby?
Yes, public can access the Museum’s toilets after 10:00.
- Is alcohol also allowed?
Alcohol is permitted but we ask members of the public to respect our grounds and drink in moderation. The screening will be finishing at 3 O’clock and we kindly ask spectators to tidy up and take all belongings (including empty bottles/cans) with you when you leave.
There will be a limited food and drink offer onsite available to buy from our caterers.
- No music devices to be played unless personal and head phones must be worn.