Join us for Solar System Discovery, a live online planetarium show presented by an astronomer from the Royal Observatory Greenwich.
The Universe is a vast and intriguing place, and this show explores our own little corner of it: the Solar System. Starting from our home planet, the Earth, we’ll travel through our celestial neighbourhood, visiting objects like planets, moons and asteroids, and ending with a fly-out to view our galaxy, the Milky Way.
Friday 3 July | 4pm - 5pm
Thursday 9 July | 12pm - 1pm, 2pm - 3pm, 3pm - 4pm
Friday 10 July | 11am - 12pm, 12pm - 1pm, 2pm - 3pm
Thursday 16 July | 11am - 12pm, 12pm - 1pm, 3pm - 4pm
Friday 17 July | 11am - 12pm, 2pm - 3pm, 3pm - 4pm
Thursday 23 July | 12pm - 1pm, 2pm - 3pm, 3pm - 4pm
Friday 24 July | 11am - 12pm, 12pm - 1pm, 2pm - 3pm
- This is a free planetarium pilot show. The Zoom link and information on how to join the session will be in the Eventbrite confirmation email. Please keep the email so you can join the sessions easily.
- If children are participating, we advise that adults offer support during the session.
- Numbers are limited to the event and we ask that you book a place in advance so that we can plan for the correct numbers. If you book and are unable to attend, please let us know so we can offer it to another visitor.
- Sessions will be held on Zoom. This application is not affiliated with the museum, we have staff monitoring every session and will eject participants presenting any inappropriate behaviours. We advise that you take the time to read the terms and conditions on Zoom's website for your own information and safety.
How do I join a live online session?
- Follow the link to book your place via Royal Museums Greenwich’s Event Brite page.
- Once you have booked your ticket, you will receive an email confirming your place on your chosen Live Online Workshop. Open the email, the email will contain a link and password to the prescheduled workshop.
- When it is time for your scheduled event click the link on your email. This will take you to your chosen event which is being hosted through an application called ZOOM. You will be asked for your meeting I.D and Password. These should come up automatically but if not they can be found on your original email.
- Please use an appropriate username (e.g. first name) for the Zoom session.
- Your computer audio and video will be disconnected for the entirety of the session. If you wish to communicate with the host or ask questions, then please directly ask the host in the Q&A function.
- If you sign in before the workshops begins you will be asked to wait in a virtual waiting room.
- Please note that you are in a session with many other participants, please be considerate of others when asking questions.
- These sessions are monitored at all times. Any behaviour deemed to be inappropriate will result in participants being removed from the session and being reported to the appropriate authorities where necessary.
- We support independent learning for children but we hold the safety and well-being of children in higher regard. Therefore we ask that an adult is present when children are partaking.
- Extra activities may be suggested at the end of the session. Links for additional tasks will be put in the chat room for further learning.
- Your host will inform you when the session is finished. When you have finished your session close your tab and sign out of zoom if you signed in at the beginning.