Have you ever wondered what the Royal Museums Greenwich curators get up to and think? Do you what to find out more about a particular object or how to install an expensive painting – Well, Wednesday September 18th is the perfect day to find out – as the curators take over Twitter.
As part of a global initiative to connect those that work behind the scenes at 300+ museums with the curious public, the #AskaCurator hashtag on Twitter will allow curators answer your questions personally.
All 4 Royal Museum Greenwich Twitter feeds will take part
Questions you could ask include
• @NMMGreenwich #AskaCurator What is the oldest object in the collection?
• @TQHGreenwich #AskaCurator How do you maintain old paintings?
• @ROGAstronomers #AskaCurator What was the last discovery made by the observatory?
• @CuttySark #AskaCurator How do you decide what should be on display?
• @TQHGreenwich #AskaCurator How did you become a curator?
Remember also on the 18th September the Astronomy Photographer of the Year (#astrophoto2013) award ceremony is taking place and the Yinka Shonibare MBE at Greenwich (#YinkaGreenwich) contemporary art exhibition is launched at The Queen’s House – So perhaps your questions could relate to these special events.
So, get on Twitter, use the hastag #AskaCurator and connect with us on September 18th.