Here's all you need to know about booking a digital schools session with us. We've got a huge range of school sessions for you and your students which we can deliver through Zoom or Teams.
Managing your booking
Our booking process is pretty similar to booking on-site visits. Here is a breakdown of the stages:
1. Decide what sessions you want to book.
We have digital workshops and planetarium shows to choose from, you can find the details below:
- Royal Observatory digital sessions
- Maritime digital sessions (National Maritime Museum, Queen's House, Cutty Sark, PPMCC)
All of our digital sessions carry a charge of £60 for a class of 30 students.
Please note all school sessions must be payed for in advance by credit/debit card or by BACS if requested. We do NOT send invoices or accept payment by cheques. You'll find more information about our cancellation policy and payments in our T&C's.
2. Decide what dates you would like.
Our programmes run at different times:
- Royal Observatory Greenwich
- KS2/KS3/KS4/Post-16 workshops and planetarium shows run on Fridays during term time and you can find details in our programme guides below.
- National Maritime Museum/The Queens House/Cutty Sark and The Prince Philip Maritime Collections Centre
- KS1 to KS5 sessions run mostly on Thursdays and Fridays. Sessions focused on the Cutty Sark and the Prince Phillip Maritime Collections Centre run on different days. You can find details in our schools guides below
It is always good to have a few dates in mind as the programme gets super busy. Please note we cannot take bookings with less than a weeks notice.
3. Get in touch.
Our bookings team have created a webform so you can supply the information we need from you right at the beginning, and it means we can cut down on lots of emails.
Our bookings team will then take you through the booking process and can answer any questions you have.
There are different things to consider when it comes to keeping your students safe during a digital session. Before your booking can be confirmed we ask you to read our online safeguarding policy.
You are legally responsible for your group at all times. Please ensure that you have sufficient staff on every digital session with your group. If students are joining from home please be sure to pass all relevant information on to their parents:
- Sessions to be streamed in school - At least one member of teaching staff must be in the session at all times. Pupils will not be allowed access into sessions until there is sufficient teacher or group leader supervision
- For students joining a session from home aged:
- 0-7 years, they must have an adult with them at all times.
- 7-13 years, they must have an adult within the same social space of their home at all times.
- 14-18 years, they must join the session from a social space in their home.
5. Have fun!
That is it, pretty easy right? All that is left to do is enjoy the sessions. Afterwards we will point you in the direction of lots of different resources to use to follow up the session should you want to.