National Maritime Museum and Queen’s House
You no longer need to book self-guided school visits to the National Maritime Museum and the Queen's House in advance but please read the important information below to prepare for your visit. You will be asked to give the following details to a visitor assistant when you arrive:
- Number of adults
- Number of pupils
- Key Stage
If you plan to visit the children’s galleries or wish to use our lunch spaces please contact the bookings team in advance using our online booking form
Self-guided school visits to Cutty Sark cost £90 for up to 30 children and £45 for up to 15 children and must be booked in advance.
We are able to offer a limited amount of free self-guided visits for Greenwich schools. These must be booked in advance using our online booking form.
Schools wanting to visit the historic north site of the Royal Observatory only must book their visit in advance. Complete the online booking form and our bookings team will be able to advise you on the availability and costs of north site visits. Schools who have paid for a session at any of our sites automatically gain free admission to the historic north site of the Royal Observatory. Make sure to have a copy of your booking confirmation with you and show it to a member of staff on the day of your visit. Please do follow any guidance given by our Visitor Experience team.
Here's all you need to know
- When inside, please follow any one-way systems for visitor circulation, as directed by Visitor Assistants and signage.
- Please ensure you bring enough accompanying adults for your group (as per the ratios specified for your key stage below). Please split into the smallest groups possible to explore the galleries and be mindful of other museum visitors.
- Please allow extra time to wash or sanitise hands regularly throughout your visit.
- If you use one of our lunch spaces please tidy up afterwards using the cleaning materials provided.
- We recommend mask wearing at all indoor venues and enclosed spaces. Wearing a face covering helps protect the people around you, not all of whom will have been fully vaccinated. For the benefit of visitors and staff, please wear one if you are able.
- You can find a template for your risk assessment (including Covid 19 guidance) here.
- Please do not visit us if you have Covid 19 symptoms. You can find more Covid 19 visitor information here
- Post-16 groups: 1 adult per 16 students
- KS3 and KS4: 1 adult per 10 students
- KS2: 1 adult per 8 students
- EYFS/KS1: 1 adult per 5 students
Adults exceeding these ratios will need to pay group prices for Cutty Sark.