1. All tickets are sold subject to terms and conditions. Please read these carefully before purchase and raise any queries with Royal Museums Greenwich before purchase. Your purchase of a ticket constitutes your acceptance of our terms and conditions.
2. All tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. It is your responsibility to check your tickets as if you have made a mistake, it cannot always be rectified after purchase. Please check your tickets on receipt carefully and contact Royal Museums Greenwich immediately if there is a mistake.
4. You must produce a valid e-ticket to gain access to the Cutty Sark Rig Climb Experience/Plus. Your ticket may be invalidated if any part of it is removed, altered, or defaced. Royal Museums Greenwich will not be responsible for any ticket that is lost, stolen, or destroyed.
5. Royal Museums Greenwich reserve the right to vary prices up or down due to changes in VAT or any other circumstances, some of which may be beyond our control.
6. Royal Museums Greenwich operate a zero-tolerance policy on drugs and alcohol consumption. Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on board Cutty Sark. Royal Museums Greenwich is entitled to remove anyone from the venue or any attraction at any time who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol or who in the reasonable opinion of Wire & Sky/ Royal Museums Greenwich is conducting themselves in a manner inappropriate to their continued attendance.
7. If you have any special access requirements, please discuss any such requirements before purchasing tickets ideally two weeks in advance with the Bookings team by contacting email@example.com. Royal Museums Greenwich will work with Wire & Sky to use reasonable efforts to assist with any such special access requirements or concerns. Royal Museums Greenwich will offer free companion tickets if needed.
8. The climb itself will depend on the speed of the individual. Please do allow up to an hour to enjoy the whole experience. Cutty Sark Rig Climb Experience/Plus tickets include admission to explore the ship as well.
9. Except to the extent that Royal Museums Greenwich is required or permitted by law to do otherwise, personal information provided by you to Wire & Sky will only be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any consents given by you in relation to your personal information.
Refunds and Rescheduling
10. Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. You will receive one attempt to climb at your allocated time and if you are unable to do so, we will not be able to issue a refund or reschedule you for another time.
11. Tickets for the Cutty Sark Rig Climb Experience/Plus are timed. This will be highlighted during the booking process. Ticket holders must arrive 15 minutes before the time stated on their ticket to avoid missing their slot. Royal Museums Greenwich cannot guarantee admission to ticket holders (meaning you or any individual within your group) who arrive after the time stated on their ticket. Your ticket also includes a self-guided visit to the ship. Please ensure you visit the ship during the hours of 10:00-15:00. Royal Museums Greenwich is not liable if ticket holders turn up late for any reason and miss their sessions.
12. The Cutty Sark Rig Climb Experience/Plus will operate in almost all-weather conditions. This is an outdoor event, and no refunds or exchanges will be given due to inclement weather.
13. The Cutty Sark Rig Climb Experience/Plus is a psychologically and physically challenging activity. Participants must familiarise themselves with the nature of the rig climb and must sign a waiver form prior to the climb. No refunds will be given if you decide not to attend or if you are unable to complete the climb.
14. If you have been removed from the Cutty Sark Rig Climb Experience/Plus or venue for inappropriate behaviour, you will not be offered a refund or an alternative session.
15. If Royal Museums Greenwich is unable to perform a rig climb on the date stated on the confirmation because the Cutty Sark Rig Climb Experience/Plus is no longer available, Royal Museums Greenwich will take all reasonable measures to contact you when cancellation has occurred and refund you the face value of the tickets purchased to the original method of payment. Royal Museums Greenwich will have no further liability whatsoever, including (but not limited to) any indirect or consequential loss or damage, loss of enjoyment or travel/accommodation costs. Any contact will be in the form of an email, so you are advised to check your email inbox before visiting to avoid an unnecessary journey should your ticket be cancelled.
Physical Requirements and Risk
16. Participants must be at least 10 years old. Children aged between 10-17 require parental consent via an online waiver form and must be always supervised by an adult. Supervising adults must be responsible for ensuring that supervised children understand and adhere to these Terms and Conditions during their participation in the rig climb. Please note: even if not climbing, supervising adults will still be required to pay for an admission ticket to enter the ship.
Supervising adults shall be responsible for no more than the number of supervised children expressed in the following ratio of supervising adults to supervised children, depending on the ages of the supervised children:
10– 13 years 1:4 ratio (1 adult for up to 4 children)
14– 17 years 1:5 ratio (1 adult for up to 5 children)
Under 10s are not permitted to climb. We reserve the right to request proof of age and deny access if this cannot be provided. Failure to do so may result in admission being refused without refund.
If a supervised child does not want to go ahead with the Cutty Sark Rig Climb Experience/Plus, that child’s supervising adult will need to remain with that child as well as their other supervised children.
17. The Cutty Sark Rig Climb Experience/Plus requires physical exertion to complete the climb. You must be capable of undertaking the climb unaided and be in a fit state of health to participate. Royal Museums Greenwich are unable to advise you on medical conditions so if you are in any doubt as to whether you or any children you are supervising are in a fit state of health to participate in the climb, we would advise you to consult with medical advisors in advance.
In addition to the above, climbers must be:
- At least 1.2m/ 3ft9in tall (due to the gap in the rope ratlines)
- Less than 19 stone (120kg) in weight.
- Able to wear a harness that has a maximum width waist of 130 cm/51.1in and a maximum upper thigh width of 75cm/29.5in.
18. Wire & Sky/Royal Museums Greenwich shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage however caused, except for personal injury caused by negligence of staff.
19. You are required to notify us in advance if you or any person in your booking needs to take essential medication on the climb (e.g. asthma inhaler, diabetic medication, or nourishment). You will also need to let your climb guide know on the day. If medication is essential, this can be left with a staff member on the deck level. Under no circumstances can we allow medication to be carried by climbers.
20. We do not recommend the Cutty Sark Rig Climb Experience/Plus to pregnant customers due to the risk to the unborn child, or to people who suffer from vertigo.
21. It is your responsibility to notify Royal Museums Greenwich in advance of placing the Cutty Sark Rig Climb Experience/Plus booking of any special access requirements you may have ideally two weeks in advance. We may not be able to accommodate all access requirements if we have not been made aware of them prior to the date of the visit, which may result in you not being allowed admission or a refund. Wire & Sky will use reasonable endeavors to make arrangements to facilitate your climb, however, taking into account your health and safety and that of other climbers we may be unable to accommodate your needs and we reserve the right, without refund, to refuse to permit you to participate in the Cutty Sark Rig Climb Experience/Plus or to modify your experience if we reasonably believe that the climb jeopardies your health and safety or that of others.
Equipment, Clothing and Prohibited Items
22. Participants will be supplied with a gilet, helmet, harness, and safety equipment needed for your rig climb. You must always wear the safety equipment during the rig climb and must not interfere with it in anyway whatsoever after it has been attached by Wire & Sky. If you are uncomfortable, you must notify your climb guide who will provide assistance. You must wear closed toe shoes, trainers or boots that will not fall off. Open-toed shoes, sandals, or high heels are not permitted. The wearing of gloves is permitted and strongly recommended. Shoes and gloves are not provided.
23. You will handle all equipment solely as directed by Wire & Sky and will not remove or interfere in any way whatsoever with the equipment after it has been fitted. If you wish to make any adjustments to the equipment you must notify Wire & Sky who will be able to assist.
24. You must wear suitable clothing (preferably old) that is appropriate for the weather conditions. Footwear or protective clothing will not be provided. Your clothing must not restrict your movement, obstruct your vision, lead to overheating in warm weather or become entangled in your safety equipment. For this reason, skirts and dresses are not appropriate. We reserve the right to refuse to allow you to participate in the Cutty Sark Rig Climb Experience/Plus if we consider that your clothing does not meet these requirements or otherwise poses a health and safety risk to you or other climbers. A refund will not be offered.
25. Royal Museums Greenwich and Wire & Sky will not be liable for any damage to clothing.
26. Spectacles and hearing aid can be worn but must be secure and not loose-fitting.
27. You will not be permitted to take any personal belongings with you on the rig climb. Personal belongings, including mobile phones, must be left in the lockable storage provided. All items are left at your own risk, and you must bear this and the limitations of storage in mind when deciding which items to bring with you on the day of your visit. Royal Museums Greenwich/Wire & Sky does not accept any liability for loss, theft, or damage except if caused by intent or gross negligence of the company or its employees.
Photography and recording
28. Royal Museums Greenwich or other authorized third parties may photograph or record your Cutty Sark Rig Climb Experience. By purchasing a ticket and attending to the Cutty Sark Rig Climb Experience, you give your express consent to the use of such images by Royal Museums Greenwich with advertising and acknowledge that the copyright in such images rests with Royal Museums Greenwich and/or any authorized third party.
29. Any photographic and recording equipment must be left in the lockable storage provided before the Cutty Sark Rig Climb Experience. The unauthorised use of video, photographic and other recording equipment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Royal Museums Greenwich and Wire & Sky reserve the right to delete any unauthorised recording and confiscate the equipment during the Cutty Sark Rig Climb Experience.