It's been over 100 years since Queen Victoria and Prince Albert were married, yet their relationship remains one of the most well known in British royal history. What made their wedding such a momentous occasion? Learn more about this historic day and more.
Victoria and Albert's engagement
Victoria and Albert's wedding
Queen Victoria's wedding dress
How long were Victoria and Albert married?
How many children did Victoria and Albert have?
- Victoria Adelaide Mary Louise (1840 -1901)
- Edward Albert, Later King Edward VII (1841 - 1910)
- Alice Maud Mary: (1843 - 1878)
- Alfred Ernest Albert (1844 - 1900)
- Helena Augusta Victoria (1846 - 1923)
- Louise Caroline Alberta (1848 - 1939)
- Arthur William Patrick Albert (1850 - 1942)
- Leopold George Duncan Albert (1853 - 1884)
- Beatrice Mary Victoria Feodore (1856 - 1944)
Where are Queen Victoria and Prince Albert buried?
Facts about Queen Victoria and Albert
Albert's public popularity
Victoria was multilingual
Victoria or Alexandrina?
'The Grandmother of Europe'
Victoria's love for Albert
"He is extremely handsome; his hair is about the same colour as mine; his eyes are large & blue & he has a beautiful nose & a very sweet mouth with fine teeth."
Albert was Queen Victoria's first cousin
Victoria moved the royals to Buckingham Palace
Victoria and disease
The death of Prince Albert
… to be cut off in the prime of life - to see our pure happy, quiet domestic life, which alone enabled me to bear my much disliked position, cut off at forty-two - when I had hoped with such instinctive certainty that God never would part us, and would let us grow old together ... - is too awful, too cruel!