The third in the National Maritime Museum's 'How to' webinar series for parents and carers, this webinar will look at the role of play as families and children recover from a disrupted year.
Over the past year, schooling and extra-curricular activity has been cancelled, playgrounds closed, and children locked down in their homes. The pandemic has drawn attention to the huge discrepancies in access to play and the outdoors between families and as school's look to 'catch up', we ask, what is the role of play and what are the benefits of play?
Bringing together expert speakers, and chaired by the Museum's Families and Young People Manager, we will be discussing how play benefits learning and development in all children and how parents and carers can facilitate play, and in turn, learning, in homes, gardens, public spaces and more.
There will also be an opportunity to ask the speakers questions.
Joining a webinar
- This webinar will be held via Zoom. This application is not affiliated with the museum. We have staff monitoring every session and will eject participants behaving inappropriately. We advise that you take the time to read the terms and conditions on Zoom's website for your own information and safety.
- Zoom webinars automatically turn off the viewer's microphone and camera.
- There will be opportunities to send in questions using the Q&A function.
- Book your tickets using the link above.
- You will receive an email confirming your place on the webinar. The email will contain a link and password to the prescheduled webinar.
- When it is time for the webinar, click the link on your email. This will take you to your chosen event which is being hosted through an application called Zoom. You will be asked for your meeting ID and Password. These should come up automatically, but if not they can be found on your original email.
- If you sign in before the webinar begins you will be asked to wait in a virtual waiting room.
- When you join the webinar, your camera and microphone will automatically be turned off. There is no option to turn these on.
- There is a Q&A function attached to the webinar. All viewers can ask the speakers questions using this function.