|Date and Times||18 & 19 February 2021 | 11am-12pm|
Travel across the Solar System and help Ted plan for a holiday on another planet.
Join Ted and Plant as they explore the Solar System in search of the best place to take a holiday.
In this online show and workshop, learn about the planets and help Ted to prepare for the trip of a lifetime! Take part in some half-term family fun with an animated musical introduction followed by a make-and-do activity alongside Royal Observatory Greenwich astronomers.
This 45 minute online event takes place over Zoom webinar and includes an activity pack per child that will be sent to your home address. For the activity you will need glue and scissors, these are not included in your activity pack.
Please note: Any bookings made after 10 February may not receive their activity pack until after the event has taken place. Price is per child for each activity pack.
Recommended Age: 4 - 7 yrs
- This is an online event. Please keep the confirmation email so you can join the sessions easily.
- An adult must supervise children during the event.
- Sessions will be held on Zoom. This application is not affiliated with the museum, we have staff monitoring every session and will eject participants presenting any inappropriate behaviours. We advise that you take the time to read the terms and conditions on Zoom's website for your own information and safety.
How do I join a live online session?
- Book your tickets using the "Book Now" button. You will need to purchase a ticket for each child participating so the correct number of activity packs are sent to you.
- Once you have booked your ticket, you will receive an email confirming your place on your chosen Live Online Workshop. Open the email, the email will contain a link and password to the prescheduled workshop.
- When it is time for your scheduled event click the link on your email. This will take you to your chosen event which is being hosted through an application called ZOOM. You will be asked for your meeting I.D and Password. These should come up automatically but if not they can be found on your original email.
- Please use an appropriate username (e.g. first name) for the Zoom session.
- Your computer audio and video will be disconnected for the entirety of the session. If you wish to communicate with the host or ask questions, then please directly ask the host in the Q&A function.
- If you sign in before the workshops begins you will be asked to wait in a virtual waiting room.
- Please note that you are in a session with many other participants, please be considerate of others when asking questions.
- These sessions are monitored at all times. Any behaviour deemed to be inappropriate will result in participants being removed from the session and being reported to the appropriate authorities where necessary.
- We support independent learning for children but we hold the safety and well-being of children in higher regard. Therefore we ask that an adult is present when children are partaking.
- Your host will inform you when the session is finished. When you have finished your session close your tab and sign out of zoom if you signed in at the beginning.