Find out how to take advantage of your Royal Museums Greenwich membership benefits, including free tickets, discounts and more.
- How do I access my Membership discounts on tickets, including free tickets to Planetarium showings?
- Do I need to pre-book tickets for Cutty Sark, special exhibitions at the National Maritime Museum or the Royal Observatory?
- Do I need to pre-book my tickets for Planetarium shows, or can I just turn up on the day?
- What if I have pre-booked Planetarium tickets but can’t use them?
- Where is the Members’ room?
- Where are the Membership cards for children on my Family Membership?
- What is the age limit for children on a Family Membership?
- I’ve lost my Membership card. What should I do?
- I’ve forgotten my Membership card. Can I still use my benefits?
- What is a Direct Debit Membership?
- Can I have different people as my second Member in each visit, or bring a guest?
- Does my guest get a Membership card?
- Can my carer go free with my Membership?
- How do I activate my Gift Membership voucher?
- I’m a Flamsteed Astronomy Society Member. How do I book Flamsteed events online?
- What are the terms and conditions of the Membership?
Have another question? Please email us at email@example.com or phone us on 020 8312 6678 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm).
To access Membership discounts and free tickets for Planetarium shows you need to log into the Membership ticket portal here. You will be asked to enter your surname and Membership number. Your Membership number is found on your Membership card.
If you have not yet received your card, you can find your Membership number on your temporary Membership card sent to you via email alongside your order confirmation. The Membership number is the long number located on the top right hand corner of your temporary card, underneath the barcode.
- Please note that this Membership number is only temporary and will be replaced by your permanent card. This permanent card number will be emailed to you in your Members’ welcome email, which you should receive between one and three days after purchasing your Membership.
- Please note that the surname linked to the Membership will be the surname of the ‘lead’ adult Member on your Membership.
If your Membership number is 3-5 digits long, you have an older style of Membership card, which does not list the full Membership number. Please contact the Membership team (020 8312 6678, Monday-Friday, 9am to 5pm) to request your full Membership number.
If you are having problems logging into our system, we recommend refreshing the page, opening the link in another browser or clearing your cache.
There is no need to pre-book for any of the above. You simply need to scan your Membership card at the entrance to these sites, and you can skip the queue and enter straight away.
Please note that we do not offer the ability to skip the queue when waiting to enter shows at the Planetarium.
We always recommend booking in advance for Planetarium shows due to the limited capacity of the space. During school holidays and weekends in particular, many of the showings can sell out in advance. To avoid disappointment, book your tickets online via the Membership portal.
If you have booked for a Planetarium show and can no longer use them, please contact either the Membership team (020 8312 6678, Monday-Friday, 9am to 5pm) or Booking team (020 8312 6608, Monday-Friday, 9am to 4pm or 020 8585 4422, weekends 9am -5pm). They can then release those tickets to be booked by other people.
Our Members’ room is located in the National Maritime Museum, on the first floor behind the Great Map café. If you are unable to locate it, please ask any member of staff at the National Maritime Museum and they will be able to direct you. To access the room, you just scan your Membership card by the door.
All Family Membership types cover up to four children. Unlike adult Memberships, which are linked to specific people through their named Membership card, the children linked to a Membership are unnamed.
Children are considered to be anyone under the age of 16. If you have children older than this and they wish to use Membership benefits, they will either need to purchase their own individual Membership or you can purchase a guest pass to add to your Membership.
Please note: if you purchase a guest pass, this means that your child will only be able to visit the Museum when accompanied by one of the adults on the Membership.
If you contact the Membership office (020 8312 6678, Monday-Friday, 9am to 5pm) we will be able to print and send out new cards for you. You can also obtain a new card from any of the admissions desks. Printing new cards will deactivate your old cards, ensuring that no one else uses your card.
You can still get access to any of our sites for free; simply visit our admissions staff, who will be able to verify your Membership. Unfortunately, you cannot access the Members’ room or use your Membership discounts without your Membership card.
Paying by annual Direct Debit is the most convenient way to manage your Membership, and you save £5 on your Membership too. Payment will not be collected when you sign up, but on a later date specified in your confirmation letter. Your Membership will renew automatically every year.
We will notify you 10 working days before your renewal payment is due. You can cancel your Direct Debit at any time after your first payment by simply contacting your bank or building society. Please also notify us.
Membership is for the named person(s) and is non-transferrable. If you wish to bring a guest when you visit the Museum you can purchase a guest pass for £25. This means an unnamed adult guest can gain free admission alongside you to Cutty Sark, the Royal Observatory, special exhibitions at the National Maritime Museum and Planetarium shows. Please note that guests cannot use your Membership discount or attend Members’ only events.
As guest passes can only be used when the Member is present you won’t receive a separate card for your guest pass. Your guest pass will instead be attached to your Membership card. When your Membership card is scanned at any of our admission desks the member of staff will be able to see that this include a guest pass, and give your guest entry alongside you.
Yes, your carer goes free when they are accompanying you. However, they would need to pay the admission fee if they come to the museum independently.
You can active your Gift Membership code at any of our admission desks or by calling the Membership team (020 8312 6678, Monday-Friday, 9am to 5pm). We are currently unable to active Gift Membership vouchers online.
Please check our events pages to find details about the monthly Flamsteed Lecture at the National Maritime Museum.
For Flamsteed workshops, observing sessions and other activities held outside Royal Museums Greenwich, please visit flamsteed.info and book your place. You do not need to log in to book events.
You can see all Membership terms and conditions here.