Booking and prices information for school visits to the Royal Observatory Greenwich.
If you have decided what you want to do on your visit then you are ready to book. If not and you would like to see what we offer please check our primary or secondary programme guides:
Making your booking
Pre-booking for the education programme at the Royal Observatory Greenwich is essential.
Contact our Bookings team
Tel: +44 (0)20 8312 6608
- You have a preferred date and time of arrival for your visit ready, with a range of possible alternatives. You can check what sessions are available for Study Days and Space Spectacular weeks (see Quicklinks below) or by contacting the Bookings team.
- You can provide a description of the learning needs of your group, including any special educational needs.
- The number of adults attending is sufficient to meet the minimum required, of one adult for every five students at EYFS and KS1, one adult for every eight students at KS2, one adult for every 10 students at KS3 and KS4 and one adult for every 16 post-16 students
- You know if you want to book a Discovery Day, Space Spectacular Day or a Study Day (secondary school visits only), and which sessions you would like included in your choice
- You know if you need to enquire about the availability of a lunch room.
Please remember to ask the Bookings team about relevant support materials for your visit.
Primary school visit costs
Primary visits including a planetarium show with either a workshop, science theatre show or drama session carry a charge of £105 for a group of up to 30 students. If you wish to book only one of these elements you can do so at a charge of £90 for a planetarium show (for 30 students) and £60 for a workshop, science theatre show or drama session (for 30 students).
All Through the Telescope drama sessions carry an additional charge of £60 for a group of up to 30 students.
Secondary school visit costs
Study Days run on Thursdays and Fridays and are by far the most popular choice for our secondary school visitors. The cost of a Study Day is £90 for 30 students and includes a: planetarium show, workshop, masterclass session and self-guided gallery tours.
If you would prefer to come along to a Discovery Day or book only a planetarium show or workshop you can. The workshops are free of charge and the planetarium shows carry a charge of £90 for 30 students.
Payment and cancellation
Post: School Bookings, National Maritime Museum, Romney Road, Greenwich, London, SE10 9NF
For planetarium bookings payment by card must be received 14 days before your visit. Unfortunately, we can no longer invoice schools for visits to the planetarium. We regret that no refunds can be made if numbers are reduced after making a booking or in the case of late arrivals and cancellations.