National Maritime Museum
|Date and Times||Once a month on Saturdays | 13 August, 10 September | 11am-12.30pm|
|Prices||Free, pre-booking required|
Families with children with special educational needs and disabilities (under 13 years) are invited to a monthly session at the National Maritime Museum. Explore the collection, enjoy the opportunity to be creative together as a family, and meet other local families.
Sessions are led by a SEND-specialist and will respond to the needs of the families participating. With a flexible approach and a team to support your family, we hope the entire family will enjoy their time at the Museum!
Tickets: Free, pre-booking required [please note, if no tickets are showing then the session is fully booked. Tickets are released one month before the session]
Location: Group Space, National Maritime Museum
|Date of session||Tickets go on sale|
|Saturday 13th August||Wednesday 13th July, 10am|
|Saturday 10th September||
Wednesday 10th August, 10am
Please check back for more dates
- These sessions are designed for the whole family to attend. We welcome siblings without SEND and the sessions will ensure everyone in the family can participate through activities that allow families to work together to get creative.
- Sessions are relaxed and we understand children may need to leave the room at any time. Adults must accompany children to the sessions and remain with them if the child/ren leave the room. Staff and volunteers cannot be responsible for participants.
- A breakout space is provided
- The Museum has a Changing Places facility.
- Download your visual guide for SENsory Sailors
- For more information on the sessions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking your space:
- Tickets are available 4 weeks before the session. These sessions currently occur once a month. Keep an eye on this page for the announcements of upcoming dates.
- As part of the booking process we will ask about any needs your child/ren has. This helps the facilitator to develop activities that will engage your child and family and be suited to their interests and access requirements. This information is not shared beyond the SENsory Sailors team.
- Ticket sales will end at 4.00pm on the Friday before the session.
- Your ticket includes entry to the National Maritime Museum.
Our facilities include
- Limited on-site parking - contact email@example.com in advance for more information
- Wheelchair access
- Level access to the Group Space
- Electric doors
- Mix of seating (chairs with or without arms, benches, mats, small beanbags)
- SEND-friendly activities
- Specialist facilitators
- Opportunities to meet other local families
- Visual guide and sensory maps for the National Maritime Museum are available via the Museum's access page.
If you are unable to attend, please let our team know as soon as possible so that your space can be made available to another family. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org