Polar exploration, pirates and a host of other maritime themes are brought to life in this playful and immersive gallery for under-7s.
Stoke the boiler of a steamship, buy and sell fish in the marketplace, and make new friends in the interactive boatyard. Come inside and let the kids explore!
Don't miss out: we highly recommend booking tickets online in advance to guarantee entry. Tickets on the day will be subject to availability. Your ticket also includes free entry to the National Maritime Museum.
- The AHOY! Children’s Gallery is ticketed during weekends and school holidays to improve the visitor experience of this extremely popular gallery. Families can book a guaranteed entry time and avoid the need to queue. Each session lasts for 45 minutes.
- Entry is free during weekdays in term time, but we still recommend you book in advance to guarantee entry.
- Your ticket also includes free entry to the National Maritime Museum.
- There’s a buggy park nearby and easy access to all the facilities you need to have a stress-free visit.
- AHOY! is a quick lift-ride away from the Great Map Café on the first floor of the Museum, where you can re-fuel with coffee and cake after playtime.
- Family Members receive 50% discount on the admission charge.
Frequently asked questions
We only charge for tickets during weekends, bank holidays and school holidays. Term time entry is free.
- Children under six months: free
- Children over six months: £3
- Accompanying adult: free
- Additional adult tickets: £3
- Family Members receive a 50% discount on the admission charge.
All children and adults who visit the gallery during weekends, bank holidays and school holidays need a ticket.
All children must be accompanied by an adult aged 18+ years. Entry for the accompanying adult is free, but you must book a ticket as gallery capacity is limited. Admission for additional adults is charged.
You can book tickets online or in person at our admission desks. Royal Museums Greenwich Family Members can book tickets here. On the day you'll need to show your ticket on your phone or bring a printed copy with you.
Tickets on the day are subject to availability and advance booking is recommended.
The AHOY! Children’s Gallery can often get booked up early, especially during weekends and school holidays, so we recommend booking online in advance to guarantee entry.
Families can book a guaranteed entry time and avoid the need to queue – something which we know can be difficult with young children. Your ticket also includes free entry to the rest of the National Maritime Museum.
Entry is free during weekdays in term-time, but we still recommend booking online in advance to avoid disappointment.
Yes, you can book in person at our admission desks subject to availability. Due to the popularity of the gallery however, we recommend that you book in advance online.
This is an interactive gallery designed for young children. Sanitiser dispensers will be available for parents and their children, but visiting the gallery will be at the visitor’s own risk.
Your ticket applies for your booked time slot only. Read the full terms and conditions for tickets.
Yes. You can enter and exit the gallery as many times as you like within your time slot. Ticket holders do not have to re-queue for entry.
Each session lasts for 45 minutes.
Each session lasts for 45 minutes. You can enter the gallery at any time during your booked session. However, at the end of the indicated time slot you need to leave the gallery so that our team can reset this ahead of the next session.
No, due to capacity constraints inside the gallery you need to leave buggies and prams outside. There is a Buggy Park adjacent to AHOY!, plus lockers and cloakroom at the Parkside entrance of the Museum.
Due to the popularity of the gallery, we recommend that you book in advance.
If AHOY! is fully booked on the day of your visit, there are many other family-friendly galleries and activities across Royal Museums Greenwich.
Choose your tickets
Book online in advance to guarantee entry. See all tickets and prices
Become a Member
- Unlimited entry all year
- Royal Observatory
- Cutty Sark
- Planetarium Shows
- Special exhibitions
|Individual: £50||Individual: £60|
|Family: from £65||Family: from £75|