Find out more about our online activities for families.
Sign up to the families e-newsletter
Be the first to hear about exciting events and activities for little ones at our Museums.
Plan your visit
All visitors including Members must book their tickets in advance, even for free sites.
Children under 4: are free to all our sites, just book a ‘Child Under 4’ ticket for them.
There is no limit to the time you can spend on our sites.
If you purchase a ticket for one of our special exhibitions, entry to the Museum is included with your ticket.
We've put measures in place to make our sites as safe as possible for both visitors and staff. These include:
- Online bookings only
- Reduced capacity and one way routes to ensure social distancing
- Sanitiser stations
- Card payments only
- Closing some children's galleries, play areas and small spaces
Our toilets are open with enhanced cleaning regimes.
- Buggy parks are available at the National Maritime Museum, with limited capacity and unstaffed.
- Children's bikes, scooters and skateboards are not permitted at our sites and cannot be stored in our buggy parks.
- Cloakrooms are currently unavailable but a limited number of lockers are available at the National Maritime Museum for a £1 fee.
To reserve a wheelchair, please email the bookings team in advance of your visit.
Most of our cafés at the National Maritime Museum and Cutty Sark are open and offer special menus for our youngest guests.
We are following rigorous measures for your safety including one way systems, hand sanitisers and cashless payment.
There is so much for children to see and do at the National Maritime Museum; aspiring young pirates and explorers can expect an action-packed, fun day out.
On-site Family Fun
Fun activities for families at the National Maritime Museum.
Awards and partners
Choose your tickets
Become a Member
- Unlimited entry all year
- Royal Observatory
- Cutty Sark
- Planetarium Shows
- Special exhibitions
|Individual: £50||Individual: £60|
|Family: from £65||Family: from £75|