Do you need some ideas for your group's visit to Greenwich? Here is are some to create a memorable day at Royal Museums Greenwich.
Undressing the Tudors and Stuarts
Tours of the National Maritime Museum and the Queen's House are available. We offer guided tours at £10 per person with a minimum of 15 and a maximum of 20 per group. If you would like to organise a guided tour let us know your requirements and we will accommodate the request. Contact us to help plan and book a tour with one of our guides: email@example.com.
Delving into the Archive at the Caird Library
The Caird Library and Archive at the National Maritime Museum is the world’s largest maritime archive and is home to a vast collection of rare and unique books, manuscripts, atlases, maps and charts. Delve into the archive in this exclusive behind the scenes experience for groups that looks at the fascinating stories behind the objects on display. A member of the Museums Library and Archive staff will give you a unique insight into rarely seen maritime and astronomy books and manuscripts.
Get up close and person to items like a letter written by Nelson or the controversial 1712 publication Historiae Coelestis which is a catalogue of stars based on the observations of John Flamsteed, the first Astronomer Royal at the Royal Observatory. This is available on Mondays only from 10.30 -15.30. The session lasts last 45 mins and we recommend this experience for smaller groups. Group rate is £10 per person.
To make the most of your time with us, we are here to help you plan. Here are is the ideal day in Greenwich however, get in touch to get some more ideas.
The Greenwich Day Trip (6 hours)
- Group arrives and drops at Stockwell Street (SE10 9JN), outside Ibis Hotel
- Early access and tour of Cutty Sark with welcome morning refreshments under the ship (90 minutes)
- The National Maritime Museum (and the Queen’s House when it reopens), enjoy a guided tour, or some free time to explore these attractions (80 mins)
- Group lunch at Parkside Terrace at the National Maritime Museum (1 hour)
- Visitors walk 400 metres from the National Maritime Museum up the hill through Greenwich Royal Park to the Royal Observatory (15 mins)
- Tour of the historic Royal Observatory and Astronomy Centre allowing for your group’s photos with the Meridian Line and time to browse the gift the stars, space and time souvenir shop (1.5 hours)
- Visitors depart and walk to pick-up point at Charlton Way (SE10 9QY) near the Blackheath Gate to Greenwich Park and Royal Observatory Greenwich (20mins)
Below are some guidelines to help you get the most out of your visit