We offer sessions supporting history, art, geography, astronomy, science, technology, numeracy and literacy and programmes led by experienced facilitators and real astronomers.
Pre-booking school visits is essential and we are happy to help and advise if you get in touch.
- We strongly advise the wearing of face masks by adults and secondary school pupils when visiting the Museum, in line with the recently updated guidance set out by the government for secondary schools and childcare settings.
- We would like to remind you, your staff, and your students to complete a lateral flow test the day before your visit or on the morning of your visit to help prevent the spread of Covid. Anyone with a positive lateral flow test should not attend the visit, but individuals in the group do not need to stay at home and self-isolate (providing the are fully vaccinated , medically exempt, or under 18 years and 6 months), unless they have symptoms themselves or have been contacted by the NHS Test and Trace service.
- Social distancing measures have not been updated and as a government institution we will continue to follow government guidance. For now, our sessions will continue to take place onsite as normal as we have been doing since September 2021.
- We will keep schools updated with any further changes, if and when they are adopted.
- On arrival at our sites, we recommend completing NHS track and trace for all those aged 16 and over. This includes you and all the adults accompanying your group. You can:
- Scan the NHS QR code at the entrance with your phone using the NHS Covid 19 app
- Give your name and either your email address, phone number or postal address to one of our visitor and sales assistants at the entrance. They will enter your details into the Museum computer system. Your data will be protected by a username and password, and accessible only by certain users. Your data will only be supplied upon a specific request from NHS test and trace. The data will be destroyed after 21 days.
- When inside, please follow any one-way systems for visitor circulation, as directed by Visitor Assistants and signage.
- Due to COVID regulations, cloak room facilities are limited at the Museum and at Cutty Sark. Please do not bring anything more than you are able to carry around with you on your visit.
- Please ensure you bring enough accompanying adults for your group (as per the ratios specified for your key stage). Please split into the smallest groups possible to explore the galleries and keep a social distance from other museum visitors.
- Post-16 groups: 1 adult per 16 students
- KS3 and KS4: 1 adult per 10 students
- KS2: 1 adult per 8 students
- EYFS/KS1: 1 adult per 5 students
Adults exceeding this ratio will need to pay group prices for Cutty Sark.
- Please allow extra time to wash or sanitise hands regularly throughout your visit.
- We highly recommend mask wearing at all indoor venues and enclosed spaces. Wearing a face covering helps protect the people around you, not all of whom will have been fully vaccinated. For the benefit of visitors and staff, please wear one if you are able.
- You can find a template for your risk assessment (including Covid 19 guidance) here.
- Staff and students looking to visit the museum should take a rapid lateral flow test prior to their visit and anyone that tests positive should not attend. You can find more Covid 19 visitor information here
Our learning offers
Enjoy fun learning experiences