Come for a right royal visit at the Tudors to Windsors: British Royal Portraits exhibition at the National Maritime Museum at this relaxed opening for families with neurodiverse children, including those with autism and other sensory processing difficulties.
Work on your wave and come on down to meet Kings and Queens from the Tudors right up to HRH Queen Elizabeth II herself!
Explore the Tudors to Windsors exhibition as a family, looking for hidden messaging in the portraits. Take part in two different activities to make you your most regal self and to place yourself amongst the British Royal Family or pick up a family trail and explore the exhibition.
During this after-hours event, free from the hustle and bustle of regular opening hours, the exhibition lighting and sounds will be changed to reduce sensory overload. A quiet space will also be provided. For more details about the exhibition environment, please look at the visual guide provided below.
If you have any concerns or queries, email the Learning Team at email@example.com
Suitable for ages 6+
Tickets will be available to book online or over the phone from Thursday 1 July.
Download the event's visual guide
Please take the time to read through the visual guide for this event.
- Tickets are available to book online and over the phone from the 1st July.
- Everyone attending will need a ticket to ensure we stay within capacity. Please ensure all adults and children within your group have a ticket.
- Your ticket will provide entry to the exhibition and the activities.
- If you are visiting the Museum during the day, you will need to leave the building when it closes at 5pm. You can re-enter for the event from 5.30pm.
- Capacity is limited for this event to ensure a relaxed and safe environment.
- If any details of the event change, this will be reflected in the visual guide above. Please do check this before visiting.
We do not know what restrictions will be in place in August. If covid restrictions are still in place then we will be doing the following:
- Face masks must be worn during the session for those over 11 years, unless exempt.
- Resources will not be shared between family units
- Resources and furniture will be cleaned before and after use
- Families will be encouraged to wash their hands when they enter. Hand sanitiser will also be available.
- Find out how Royal Museums Greenwich are keeping visitors safe.
Government guidance can change at short notice. If you have a ticket booked for an on-site session, and we have to cancel, you will be contacted as soon as possible.