Lightning courses are currently unavailable, new dates for booking will be available in Autumn 2020.
Icy crusts, volcano-covered surfaces, hydrocarbon lakes. These are just some of the features that we find in a few of the moons of the Solar System. They are unique and intriguing places, and in our Solar System we find a diverse range of compositions and environments, shapes, sizes and even formation history. Come discover these alien worlds at the Royal Observatory with Astronomer Tania de Sales Marques!
This course will explore the following questions:
- How did the Solar System form and how does it look now?
- How did our Moon form and what do we know about it?
- What do we know about the other moons of the Solar System?
- What kinds of environments can we expect to find on these moons and can they sustain life?
- What do we hope to learn from future research into the moons of the Solar System and beyond?