|Date and Times||Sundays during termtime | 10.30am, 12pm, 2pm and 3.30pm|
|Prices||Free | £1 booking fee (non-refundable)|
National Maritime Museum → Ground floor → Learning space
About Discover Sundays
Each Sunday join in with family activities and explore the Museum's collection. Start a fantastic journey together led by an artist facilitator, who will introduce you to objects, people, histories and cultures represented within the National Maritime Museum's collection.
With a different creative activity each week, Discover Sundays will launch your family's exploration of the galleries!
Suitable for all ages and abilities
Please Note: Free tickets. £1 non-refundable booking fee is applicable to bookings online and over the phone. We have implemented a booking fee to ensure that people only book free tickets if they are able to attend sessions. This is will allow as many families as possible to enjoy our activities.
On 20 May, Discover Sundays will be celebrating Refugee Week. During this session, we will celebrate and explore the importance of walking together side by side, to find out what we can learn from each other, and what we can build together.
Stay tuned for more updates on the coming sessions!
- The Learning Space has level access and can be entered from two doorways. One set of doors are automatic and double-width.
- Seating in the Learning Space are benches. Chairs with arms/backs can be provided upon request.
- The Learning Space has three sinks, two at a lower height. A step is also provided to help access the sinks.
- Activities are hands-on and differentiated to provide access to all families.
- Sessions are currently limited to 45 minutes to allow staff to clean between workshops.
- Afternoon sessions tend to be quieter than mornings.
- For more information see our Facilities and Access page.
- Tickets are available two weeks before a session. This is to prevent block booking.
- Everyone attending will need a ticket to ensure we stay within capacity. Please ensure you also have a free adult ticket and that any babies under 6 months also have a free ticket.
- Ticket sales end online at 9am on the day of the session.
- Your ticket will provide entry to the Museum.
- Please contact email@example.com to cancel if you are unable to attend.
- Please meet the facilitator in the Learning Space
- Face masks must be worn during the session for those over 11 years, unless exempt
- Capacity is limited for these sessions to ensure social distancing can be maintained throughout
- Resources will not be shared between family units
- Resources and furniture will be cleaned before and after sessions
- Families will be encouraged to wash their hands when they enter the room
- We ask that all buggies are left in the Propeller Space, except where babies are sleeping
- Find out how Royal Museums Greenwich are keeping visitors safe.
We hope to return to on site sessions when government guidance allows. However, government guidance can change at short notice. If you have a ticket booked for an on-site session, and we have to cancel or move the session online, you will be contacted as soon as possible.
Each Sunday join the family fun activities and explore the Museum's collection. Start a fantastic journey together with the freelancers, who will introduce you to objects that, in their turn, will tell you lots of facts about people, histories and cultures that are part of the National Maritime Museum. The creative activities are inspired by these objects, enjoy the sessions and then start your exploration through the galleries, and find out how much more you can discover!
All ages and abilities
Please Note: Free tickets. £1 non-refundable booking fee applicable to bookings online and over the phone.