|Date and Times||Sundays during termtime | 11am - 1pm | 2pm - 4pm|
|Prices||Free | Drop-in|
National Maritime Museum → Ground floor → Learning space
About Discover Sundays
Each Sunday join in with family activities and explore the Museum's collection. Start a fantastic journey together led by an artist facilitator, who will introduce you to objects, people, histories and cultures represented within the National Maritime Museum's collection.
With a different creative activity each week, Discover Sundays will launch your family's exploration of the galleries!
Suitable for all ages and abilities
Please Note: Free tickets. Drop-in.
September Discover Sundays sessions will be inspired by an unique boat creation called 'Collective Spirit'. An art work, where each piece tells us a story!
Black History Month
In October join the Discover Sundays sessions to celebrate Black History Month. Inspired by the Museum collection, join our activities and discover the importance of diversity, inclusion and identity!
Disability History Month
In November we celebrate the lives of Disabled People now and in the past, in order to raise awareness of disability histories as well as the profile of histories of disability within the collection.
- The Learning Space has level access and can be entered from two doorways. One set of doors are automatic and double-width.
- Seating in the Learning Space are benches. Chairs with arms/backs can be provided upon request.
- The Learning Space has three sinks, two at a lower height. A step is also provided to help access the sinks.
- Activities are hands-on and differentiated to provide access to all families.
- Afternoon sessions tend to be quieter than mornings.
- For more information see our Facilities and Access page.
- Please meet the facilitator in the Learning Space
- We ask that all buggies are left in the Propeller Space, except where babies are sleeping
- Find out how Royal Museums Greenwich are keeping visitors safe.
Government guidance can change at short notice, please check our website for the latest measures in place.
Each Sunday join the family fun activities and explore the Museum's collection. Start a fantastic journey together with the freelancers, who will introduce you to objects that, in their turn, will tell you lots of facts about people, histories and cultures that are part of the National Maritime Museum. The creative activities are inspired by these objects, enjoy the sessions and then start your exploration through the galleries, and find out how much more you can discover!
All ages and abilities
Please Note: Free tickets. £1 non-refundable booking fee applicable to bookings online and over the phone.