Lightning courses are short, one-day courses that allow you to delve deeper on a topic in astronomy, led by a Royal Observatory astronomer.
There are a range of topics covered by these courses, from how to take photos of the night sky to life on alien worlds to understanding Einstein’s theories of relativity. The courses offer an introduction into different subjects in astronomy and no prior knowledge of astronomy is needed.
The Lightning Courses run for four hours on a Saturday and alternate every month. Upcoming course topics include:
- Astrophotography (11 January; FULLY BOOKED)
- How to build a spacecraft (18 January; FULLY BOOKED)
- Seeing the invisible (14 March; FULLY BOOKED)
- Searching for life in the solar system (25 April)
- The search for exoplanets (9 May)
Past Lightning Course topics that will be scheduled later in 2020:
For booking, please see individual course webpages.