Come join us for games, talks, a planetarium show and more to explore the science fact that's sometimes stranger than fiction.
Is interstellar travel possible? How alien are planets beyond our solar system? Will humans ever be able to travel through time? These are just some questions that will be answered as we discover where science fact meets science fiction in this Royal Observatory Greenwich museum late.
- A unique planetarium short presented by Royal Observatory Astronomer Tom Kerss followed by discussion on sci-fi in films, TV, games and literature
- Drop-in games area with Royal Observatory Astronomer Dr. Greg Brown
- Drop-in short Fact v Fiction talks with Royal Observatory Astronomer Dr. Emily Drabek-Maunder
- Dalek photo opportunity courtesy of the Charity Dalek Squad
- VR Mars pop-up with Observatory Explainers
- 'Predator Vision' infra-red demonstrations
- Flamsteed Astronomical Society astrophotography stand
- Science fiction shorts screening room in association with SCI-FI-LONDON
- Late cafe opening
Everyone who attends will be automatically entered into a competition to win a pair of tickets to a Silver Screen Science Fiction screening of their choice in our 'Mooniverse' Season (films include: Avatar, In the Shadow of the Moon, Moon and more).