London's best Burns Night celebration is back!
Burns' Night at Cutty Sark
Named for Rabbie Burns' beloved poem 'Tam O'Shanter', Cutty Sark is the perfect place to celebrate Burns Night.
Dance beneath the gleaming hull of Cutty Sark suspended above your heads, dance to a live ceilidh band and get the full, traditional Burns Night experience. There will also be a performance from a Highland Piper, to celebrate Scotland's National Poet.
Your ticket will include access to Cutty Sark, food, a welcome drink and the chance to dance to the capital's best ceilidh band underneath this historic tea clipper - which turned 150 years old in 2019!
The Ceilidh Band
The Ceilidh Liberation Front (part of The Nest Collective, founded by Mercury Music Prize nominee, Sam Lee) are a troupe of extraordinary musicians firmly planted in Britain's roots music scene. CLF take the traditional Ceilidh as a starting point and bring it rip-roaring into the 21st century, ensuring a great time is had by people of all ages. This is Ceilidh as you have never experienced it before.
'Sweat-busting abandon, subverted dances and party tunes' - Time Out
'Ripping up the rule book, souping up the music and subverting the dance moves. No experience is neseccary' - Londonist
Your Burns Night Evening
- 6pm - This ship will fully open, and you will be able to access all the decks (until 7.30pm). The bar will be open and you can kick-start your evening with a dram of scotch whisky.
- 7pm - Our traditional Scottish bagpiper (in a kilt, of course) will herald the start of the night, good and proper with a blast of highland sound.
- 7.30pm - The Ceilidh Liberation Front will begin, and dancing will ensue!
- 8.30pm - The traditional 'address to the haggis'. Food will be served from this time - you will be allocated to one of two supper timings, due to large number of attendees (8.30pm - 9pm or 9pm - 9.30pm). During this time, dancing will continue, with a few short breaks, in order to keep the fun going. You will be able to join in again, whenever you aren't eating your supper.
- 10.20pm - Our night will come to a close and we shall send you off into the night, ready for a well-earned sleep.
Your Burns Night Menu
Your ticket will include a hot meal from our kitchen. You will be able to choose from haggis or vegan haggis, with neaps and tatties. The traditional Burns Night supper. Please choose your meal option during the ticket booking process.
Your ticket will also include a welcome drink. Typically, this will be a dram of scotch whisky, however we know not everyone will be a whisky drinker, so don't worry! Other soft drink options will be available to you. Guests will be given this dram on entry to the event.
All timings are subject to slight change, however this will be the shape of our evening.
If you wish to change your meal selection, you can do so up to one week in advance of the event by contacting email@example.com
Please be aware you will not be able to change your choice of meal option after that time, including at the event. This is due to us needing to know exact numbers of each, to be able to cater for everyone correctly.
There will be a cloakroom available (£1 per item, please bring cash). We do not permit unattended items to be left around the space.