Come along and enjoy this brand new sensory play session for children under 7 with special educational needs.
SENsory Sailors is a weekly session reserved for children under 7 with special educational needs and their parent/carer.
Join in with sensory activities inspired by the museum’s vast collection and meet other local families.
This session is designed to support children in their exploration of the world around them and their relationships with their parents and carers. Our facilitators will encourage this through:
- Sensory play
- Sensory storytelling
- Hands on activities
Each week we will go on a different adventure together!
Our facilities include
- On-site parking - contact email@example.com for more information
- Wheelchair access
- Level access to the Learning Space
- Electric doors
- Mix of seating (chairs with or without arms, benches, mats, small beanbags)
- SEND-friendly activities
- Specialist facilitators
- Opportunities to meet other local families
These sessions currently run once a week for 45 minutes.
All children who are residents of the Borough of Greenwich and their parent/carer go free.
Bookings need to be made by phone in advance: Tel: +44 (0)20 8312 6608
As part of your booking you will need a ticket to the National Maritime Museum. Please make sure your Museum ticket allows you time to get to the Learning Space before the session begins.
How are we following social distancing measures?
- Capacity is limited for this session to ensure social distancing can be maintained throughout
- Resources will not be shared between family units
- Resources and furniture will be cleaned before and after sessions
- Families will be encouraged to wash their hands when they enter the room
- No soft toys or fabric will be used at this time
- Find out how Royal Museums Greenwich are keeping visitors safe