This event is organised and run by XR families;
The end of the year is for many a tricky time to be environmentally friendly and economically sustainable. It is a time of celebration for many cultures and a main source of gifts and joy for the young and the not so young ones.With the aim of celebrating our community life and reducing waste and unnecessary consumption. XR Families Lewisham/Greenwich invite everyone to come and join us taking part on a toy and books swap day. It is easy to take part:
- Pick toys and books you and your children no longer use but that are in good condition, clean them and bring along with you. (If your child is accompanying you to the toy swap please make sure the child has fully consented to the toy being given away so to avoid conflicts on the day, but be assured you are under no obligation to give away all the toys you have brought and are entitled to change your mind).
- Check in your toys in the assigned area and get the equivalent number of tokens for your toys.
- Head to the wrapping station (information below) to start on some crafts while we arrange the toys.
- When invited, please select the toys you wish to take home. Make sure you take the toys with equivalent tokens as the ones you have claimed.
- After the initial selection, if there are toys left, everyone will be invited to choose the remaining toys
The leftover toys will packed and distributed within our community and/or will be taken to charity.Wrapping StationWe also be teaching how to transform everyday paper, cardboard and newspaper into beautiful wrapping paper so please bring along some tapes, fabric, strings and any other decorations you might find useful to use.The aim is that you swap gifts not only for your children, but for other children you might wish to give during this season. We understand that you might be uncomfortable with giving used gifts to others but a suggestion we give is to include in your card an additional quality-time gift like tickets to a play, a game, or an afternoon out with that child with you. We will have tags with the following printed for you to attach to your gifts:Thank you for the kind invite,We're trying to put the planet right,This gift here has been loved before,But still has much more fun in store.We love our world, and hope you see,A gift sent with love to you from me