We are delighted you want to film with us. To start your application, please get in touch by email or phone with as many details as possible.
All fees are based on the individual requirements of each project and are charged on a per hour basis.
Once our Filming Team have reviewed your application, they will be in touch with an initial quote, which may vary until we have received full details and have conducted a show round and recce.
The fee quoted will be based on onsite/offsite timings. The fee must be paid in full in advance of the first day of filming/ photography.
Before filming can proceed we will need to have received the following:
- Completed Filming and Photography Application Form with comprehensive details of the operational procedures
- Signed Contract
- Proof of Public Liability Insurance to a value of £10,000,000, valid for the entire time you shall be working onsite
- A Risk Assessment and Method Statement, completed and signed
- Payment in full
- Names of all crew/personnel attending the shoot
- Full details of any equipment and vehicles you shall be bringing onsite, and of any power requirements
- Registration details for any vehicles coming onsite.
Please note that every effort will be made to accommodate filming at Royal Museums Greenwich. However as our main priorities are to remain open to the public 7 days a week, 10am-5pm (10am-6pm during certain holiday periods), and to preserve and display the collections within our care, we reserve the right to decline filming projects at our absolute discretion. Closure requests during public opening hours are subject to directorate approval.
You are also required to visit the proposed site in advance of any filming/photography, and to meet with one of our Filming Officers.
Site health, safety, fire and security
Please download our site health, safety, fire and security guidelines
If you are looking to conduct filming where a venue hire fee may not apply, please contact the following and state that you are interested in non-commercial filming.
Press: 020 8312 6790
Please note that the Museum reserves the right to be selective as to the filming and photography projects it accepts, and shall levy a fee where it deems necessary.